Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Multiple looks for Rebecca

Though I've worked with many models, I have to say Rebecca is one of my favorites. I knew it would be a blast work with this girl from the first handshake, and I was right. She was smart, friendly, and fun to work with. She delivered what the shoot calls for, considering she was quite new in the industry. I think it was only her 3rd or 4th time doing a serious modeling shoot at the time. Typically, it's harder to work with new models because as a photographer, you have to give them more direction and as for a makeup artist, you will encounter more blinking & more moving around because they are nervous or finding it hard to stay still.

Rebecca did a lot more than I expected from a new model. We changed makeup & styling 3 or 4 times, and it was fun each time. We went from a clean, minimal makeup look at first, then slowly moving toward a more editorial bridal look with purple/gray smoky eyes. I did this shoot to freshen up my portfolio, and also for fun.  I photographed her myself because it would be tough to collaborate with a photographer on a weekday morning - the only time I'm free. Our shoot lasted for about 4 or 5 hours, including makeup & hair time, testing outfits and sipping on hot milk tea. We truly had a blast, and for that, she came to work with me 2 more times after this :)

Below is her before photo and the 2 photos after this are un-retouched (no photoshop):






She followed my direction really well throughout the shoot & tried this very difficult pose with no hesitation.

Below is a natural bridal look, the makeup was still minimal and I only dressed up her hair with a hairband. I could imagine this look for a beach wedding: low-key, relaxed, yet elegant & beautiful.


Rebecca brought with her a box full of antique/collected watches and asked me to take some photos with those on. Here's 1 nice shot. I love her hair in this.  




Our editorial bridal look. I did her hair in 5 min
I think Rebecca had the most fun when we put this wig on. She felt totally "transformed".


To wrap things up, I changed her lipstick to a deep cool red and had her put on her favorite red coat. It was a perfect ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment